I’ve found the best way to build a solar panel with an aluminum frame. Constructing an aluminum frame can be confusing if you’re not familiar with cutting corners. Below is a list of what you need to build a frame using 3 x 6-inch solar cells for a 70 watt solar panel. Our frame size should measure 27 “x 32 3/4”.
- aluminum angle – You have a 10-foot piece of 1-1 / 2 angle required, it should be 1/8 “thick We will make this frame to last at least 30 years, so. is why we are using 1/8 “thick angle. These aluminum angle can be purchased at your local home supply store.
- Nuts, bolts and washers – To fit our purposes we will use 1/4 “hardware we use stainless steel machine screws and nuts, because again we want this to last at least 30 years.. The length of the screws should be 1/2 “.
- Carpenters square – You get a carpenters square keeping your frame directly
- miter box for cutting angles – For cutting your frame corners you need a miter box. You can get a cheap plastic which is fine for what we do will work buy.
- Hack saw – We will cut our aluminum with a hack saw with a metal blade
- We will correct angle pieces for accession necessary angles – After cutting its aluminum we need to merge it with the help of right-angled corners. They can either
- A flat file -. This will be used for the submission of off burrs of metal to the left of the cutting
- An electric or cordless drill with a 1/4 “drill -. This is used to drill holes in the brackets and corners of the frame
to be bought or they can be made of the scrap aluminum.
The first thing you need to do is place the miter on a flat surface or desktop for easy cutting. I mounted mine a bank using the holes. You should measure your first piece of the solar frame 27 inches. This is the tricky part of cutting every corner, getting the angular direction in the right direction.
Next, we need the angle was miter in the box near one end. Laying the aluminum angle the box closest miter to you, we will make our first cut at an angle of 45 degrees, this will make a cut to the right the cut using your hack saw, cut at all times What makes this easier for you aluminum clamp in the miter box .. using a c-clamp or a squeeze clamp, this makes it much easier to cut.
After you made your first cut, measure 27 “from the angle of cut and mark the aluminum using a pencil or marker. The simplest way to make this cut, the aluminum slides in the same direction as before, but as far as the angle of 45 degrees to the left. Carefully, place the marker on the cut in the miter box, clamp down and make your cut. Now measure the work and it should be 27 “. Go ahead and make another 27” piece match the one you just created, and then two pieces the same way to 32 3/4 “. Make sure you file burrs left by cutting.
Now we will mount our window. Place your image on a flat surface and using a square check to make sure your frame square. Place your angle brackets in each corner and mark the center of each hole. Then, drilling each hole mark with a starter bit such as a 1/8 “drill bit, and then finish each hole by drilling 1/4”. With the aid of the 1/2 “screw, position the head Screw the outside, then apply the ring and nut, turn any angle. Congratulations, you have your first solar frame ready to fit into your tempered glass and start adding your made of solar cells.
Source: http://ezinearticles.com/?Building-a-Solar-Panel—Constructing-an-Aluminum-Frame&id=6085966 by Jerry Standefer